Classes are held Tuesdays and Thursdays at 12 pm OR 8 pm ET - you choose EITHER time. From February 7 to Nov 29, 2012.
Want to make a difference doing what you love? You have the innate power ... to be, do, or have whatever you want.
Coaching for Transformation is an exciting adventure in experiential learning that both challenges and supports your growth. As a coach, you'll support awareness and help clients access their inner wisdom and creativity. Using a holistic approach you'll integrate body, mind and spirit to empower people to realize the change they want to see in the world. Our goal is to fill this class with experienced Nonviolent Communication pracitioners.
The 140-hour Coaching for Transformation program is a proven structured path towards a career and certification as a CPC (certified professional coach). This 10-month, International Coach Federation accredited coach training program includes both an on-line and teleclass component. This distance learning alternative minimizes travel costs and helps you form a community of like-spirited people from around the world. The program includes:
- 84 90-minute teleclasses the includes practicing in pairs and small groups.
- 14 hours of peer coaching
- 10 hours of mentor coaching with rigorous feedback on your coaching skills
- Final assessment includes written (open book) and oral demonstration of coaching competencies.
Pre-requisite: Take one of the following introductory courses :
- CFT Essentials (4-week on-line course starts January 10 for $495 or $395 early bird)
- CFT Intro (2-day program offered in Boulder, Toronto or Mumbai for $495 or $395 early bird)
Private forum features
Here you take part in provocative discussions, explore your challenges, and celebrate breakthroughs. With support from your learning community, peer coaching, and mentor coaching, you start coaching clients right away. Teleclass recordings, support documents and video recordings enhance the learning opportunities.
Determined to do what you love and help others answer their calling? When you honor what is, and embrace what can be… life expands. As you combine empathy with coaching skills, you support clients to design and create fulfilling lives by transforming their relationships, career, health, spirituality and finances. As you practice and get feedback on 24 coaching skills and 5 pathways to transformation, you'll help people move easily and safely through fear and old patterns that have kept them stuck. Transformation is a two-way street. As your clients find new awareness, greater vitality and a more fulfilling life, so will you!
You can start working with clients immediately. So that you get the most learning, we request that you work with at least four regular clients by the time you are halfway through the program. At the same time, you work with your own coach – you can choose any coach, but we highly recommend that you choose a CFT trained coach.
Business success doesn't have to be hard!
By mastering your inner game, your dreams come true. As you support clients in creating lives they love, they recognize that prosperity, love, and health are their birthright. With the entrepreneurial skills you gain, you can reach the people who have been waiting for you and earn your living doing what you love! You'll graduate with the tools to create a sustainable coaching practice.
Faculty: Martha Lasley, Richard Michaels and other senior faculty lead this course.
Martha Lasley is a certified Nonviolent Communication (NVC) trainer who coaches leaders and social change activists to develop a culture of collaboration and partnership. Her passion is integrating NVC, coaching, and organization development. She co-leads a year-long program, Making Collaboration Real: Empowering the workplace with NVC. She is the author of Facilitating with Heart and Courageous Visions: How to Unleash Passionate Energy in Your Life and Your Organization.
Richard Michaels is a master certified coach, Gestalt therapist and artist. He has been leading workshops on personal, professional and spiritual development for over 30 years. He was a founding member, teacher and trustee at the Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health in Lenox, MA. His holistic approach helps people increase their self-awareness, creative potential, fulfillment, and performance at work and in life. He recently published Moments on Canvas: Paintings by Richard Michaels
Course Curriculum: The content covers the same material as our face-to-face certification program in shorter modules:
DISTANCE LEARNING MODULES
COACHING ESSENTIALS (prerequisite)
- Welcome to Coaching/ Curiosity and Empowering Questions
- Listening and Self-Management
- The Coach's Palette - Coaching Skills
- Structuring a Session
- Goals and Action Steps
- Acknowledging, Appreciating and Championing
- Welcome to the Coaching Program
- Model and Principles
- Presenting, Deeper and Transformational Agendas
- Coaching the Client's Strengths
- The Coach’s Stand
- Requests and Challenges
- Receiving Feedback - Mentor Coaching Preparation
- Integrating Skills Practice
- Choosing a Pathway for Transformation
- Alignment with Self
- Calling out the Power of the Client
- Emotional Awareness
- Exploring Needs and Values
- Creating from Values
- Contemplation and Awareness
- Needs and Values Reflection Teams
- Experiencing the Moment
- Cultivating Presence
- Wisdom of the Body
- Transforming Judgment
- Developing Intuition
- Naming What’s Present
- Interrupting and Holding Silence
- Experiencing the Moment Tag Team Practice
- Envisioning the Future
- Vision Board
- Balancing Fierce Coaching with Compassion
- Right Brain Visioning
- Communicating a Compelling Vision
- Soul Purpose
- Coaching Visionaries Practice
- Expanding the View in Six Steps
- Separating Observations from Opinions
- Recognizing Topic and Current Viewpoint
- Embodying and Changing Viewpoints
- Experimenting with Fresh Viewpoints
- Reframing Hopelessness
- Expanding Options
- Expanding the View Reflecting Teams
- Embracing the Shadow
- Welcoming Home the Loyal Soldier as Ally
- Reframing Limiting Beliefs
- Transforming Distress into Light
- Embracing Diversity with Voice Dialogue
- Working with Metaphors and Imagery
- Shadow Work Practice
- Choosing a Pathway Practice
- Strategic Whole Life Planning
- Natural Openings and Celebrating Milestones
- Setting SMART Goals
- Designing Actions
- Making Decisions
- Managing Progress and Accountability
- Developing Support Systems
- Action and Accountability Practice
- Starting with Clients
- Creating Conscious Relationship
- Exploring Cultural Heritage - Conocimiento
- Structuring Discovery Sessions
- Discovery Session Practice
- Professional Ethics
- Offering Inspirational Feedback
- Tag Team Discovery Practice
- Jump Start Your Business
- Enrolling Clients
- Business Plan
- Marketing Plan
- Your Marketing Niche
- Conscious Selling
- Social Media
- Practice Development
- Contemplative Practice
- Cultural Awareness
- Coaching Across Differences
- Power Dynamics
- Soul and Spirit
- Self-care for the Coach
- Awareness Practice
COACHING FOR SOCIAL CHANGE
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Organizational Coaching
- Relationship Coaching
- Group Coaching
- Coaching in Non-profits
- Community Coaching
- Graduation and Celebration
Leadership that Works is committed to advancing the field of coaching around the world. Our vision is that every individual and organization has access to transformational coaches and facilitators. It is our goal to offer coach training to as many people as possible, allowing for the ripple effect of coaching to have a positive impact on the world.
A limited number of scholarships are available for selected courses. Download a scholarship application and forward your completed application to our scholarship committee. Scholarship funds are awarded based on financial need and the potential impact you will have as a coach.
"Coaching for Transformation has deepened my NVC practice and my ability to really support people when connecting with their deepest values, dreams and goals. The course setting complements the NVC model in a remarkable way. The trainers create a supportive and caring atmosphere that allows transformation to unfold. I have never in my life experienced learning so empowering, joyful, rewarding and life changing.
I have started with clients and the training has prepared me to be a real coach, not a "rent a friend" person. The course is the best thing that has happened to me in years and worth every penny! I highly recommend participating if you are interested in contributing to change that matters." - Daniela Herzog
"I'm in a coaching program this year that I highly recommend. I think coaching greatly complements NVC work both with individuals and with groups, empowering people to co-create what they want to manifest in the world and truly create shared power. This program is much richer than I expected -- even touching on relationship coaching which offers a highly efficient model for mediation. This program also leads to being accredited as a coach-- a valuable professional credential. Note that scholarships are available -- I'd act soon to get that set up!" - Dian Killian