Unlock talent and potential in your organization
Want to tranform your oganizational culture and put learning and people development at the forefront? Want a workplace where people are empowered to make their own decisions and have the skills to engage in difficult conversations?
Research shows that effective leaders use coaching to bring out the best in their teams. Few leaders have the skills they need to do this well. And even fewer tap the value of using coaching across the whole organization to create a climate of continuous feedback and improvement.
Skills training is a vital part of the process, but there's more. Our consultants will help your organization incorporate the coaching competencies into all levels of your organization, resulting in decreased staff turnover, increased productivity, and more satisfied employees.
So what are the elements of a coaching culture?
- Coaching flows in all directions - upwards, downwards and sideways
- Learning becomes a way of life
- People actively seek learning and feedback
- People engage in respectful, candid conversations
- Teams become passionate and energized
- Collaborative decision making speeds up the change process
See Coaching that Works for coaching skills training for leaders and managers.
Coaching Culture for Collaboratives and Communities
Imagine in your community that:
- Parents engage fully in the lives, education and health of their children.
- Families have the support to create financial stability.
- Community members create food systems, health systems, financial systems and educational systems that create a level playing field.
- Initiatives foster more honest communication and effective feedback structures.
- People share a common belief that all humans have the ability to create meaningful and happy lives.
- Seasoned leaders, nonprofit staff, and emerging leaders have the suppport, time, and energy to engage in professional development to effect change in your community.
At Leadership that Works, we have a vision of coaching skills embedded in communities everywhere so that parents, teachers, caseworkers, and change makers thrive. We are committed to bringing the competencies and orientation of coaching to help unlock potential in communities, engage with all stakeholders and include marginalized groups.
We work with communities and collaborative community organizations to incorporate a coaching culture into the entire community structure, one step at a time.
What are the steps to creating a community coaching culture?
Needs Assessment: We work with the community or collaborative to determine the inherent community strengths to build on, and identify the early adopters needed to incorporate coaching at each level of community intervention. This may involve local nonprofit organizations, education, health systems, financial support structures, housing, and the business community.
- Establish Value: To create community engagement, we offer interactive community learning sessions to introduce the concept of coaching throughout the community. We teach about coaching and also listen to the needs of the community.
- Action Plan: No matter what your community goals may be, we help you create a plan of action to incorporate coaching into your service delivery.
- Training: Through our proven, dynamic coaching training and strong follow up programs, we help you engage with and train community organizations, key stakeholders, and family leaders. We offer skills that can be put into use immediately to empower and bring out the inherent wisdom of each person.
- Inclusion: As part of our commitment to being an organization that reflects the communities in which we work, we engage with a pool of diverse trainers and coaches, so that all community stakeholders feel welcome to participate.
- Coaching: To deepen the understanding and use of coaching skills, key community members are offered the services of an individual coach. This leadership coaching helps them integrate the coaching skills they have learned.
- Communicate: Share coaching successes and challenges across the culture.
- Sustainability: As part of our commitment to sustainability, we help your community select key members of the community for additional training, setting up a sustainable train-the-trainer program. We know that the long term success of creating a culture of coaching in your community depends on coaching skills training and individual coaching that come from within you community.
Move your community to the forefront of sustainability and people-centered change. Email or call us to talk about how coaching can transform your community at 570-297-3333.