Learn the Fundamentals of Coaching!
We know coaching certification is a major commitment. That’s why we’ve created Coaching Essentials, a two-day workshop where you’ll learn core coaching skills that you can start using immediately.
This program provides an ideal opportunity to study and learn the application of foundational coaching skills without the commitment of a full certification program. If you decide to pursue certification, you can apply both your Coaching Essentials training hours and tuition toward the Coaching for Transformation certification program.
Coaching Essentials is highly experiential, packed with activities, demonstrations, plenty of practice, and feedback.
This program is led by coach trainers with extensive experience in culturally aware coaching, including:
- building on the assets and addressing the challenges faced by people of different cultures
- supporting personal and organizational transformation
- developing nonprofit and social justice leaders
- integrating body, mind and spirit
- building vibrant, healthy communities
Using a holistic approach, you’ll integrate body, mind and spirit, to empower people to be the change they want to see in the world. As a coach, you’ll support cultural respect and help clients access their inner wisdom and creativity.
You will leave the Coaching Essentials workshop ready to:
- Ask empowering questions that open new possibilities
- Structure coaching sessions that flow
- Hold attention on what is most important to your client
- Listen for transformation, helping people break through old patterns and habits
- Create inspirational action plans and accountability structures
Who Should Attend
Coaching Essentials is an ideal choice if you are curious about pursuing a coaching career. Coaching Essentials can be a first step toward becoming a Certified Professional Coach, giving you the opportunity to "test drive" the training before deciding if you want to continue with the full certification training.
You will also see an immediate benefit of applying a coach approach in your current work, making Coaching Essentials a valuable investment in your personal and professional development. You will renew your confidence as a change agent as you invite people to take action that reflects their power, creativity and authenticity.
In this Coaching Essentials course you learn to:
- Embody a coaching mindset to tap into resourcefulness
- Transform judgment into curiosity
- Explore 23 coaching skills
- Discover the secret to reaching goals while honoring values and needs
- Get feedback on the impact of your coaching
Leslie Brown, CPC, PCC uses her unique mix of analytical and creative skills to support new and seasoned next generation leaders—those who are working to design innovative systems of support for communities. She believes that moving beyond traditional leadership approaches will revolutionize the way that people work and thrive. Prior to earning her coaching certification Leslie worked in the nonprofit capacity building sector, supporting projects and teams that promote social justice—she has a background in leadership development, youth development and evaluation.
|Dewey Schott, CPCC, PCC coaches individuals who are committed to transformational social change. He has over eighteen years of experience working in the social and cultural sectors specializing in capacity building and leadership development. In addition to teaching and coaching individual clients, he facilitates NAMAC Leadership Institute, New York Foundation for the Arts' Emerging Leaders Boot Camp, and is a founding member of Coaching For Justice.
Our faculty members have an unwavering commitment to your growth as a coach and their own continuous learning. Our dynamic international team is committed to every participant becoming an excellent coach. To that end, you can count on our faculty to:
- Co-create a safe, courageous learning environment where you can take risks
- Give you straightforward, rigorous feedback
- Challenge you to step into your power as a coach
- Make room for every voice and keep group learning our first priority
- Take advantage of learning opportunities that emerge live in the moment
Early bird rate if registered by January 4, 2019: $395
After January 4, 2019: $495