This program is preapproved for 12 ICF Continuing Coach Education units (6 core competency/6 resource development)
Parts Work 1: Discovery is a prerequisite for this program.
Dates and Time
Teleclasses held on Thursdays
11:00 am - 12:30 pm ET | 10:00 - 11:30 am CT | 8:00 - 9:30 am PT | 8:30 - 10:00 pm IST*
September 2020: 17 and 24
October 2020: 1, 8, 15 and 29
November 2020: 5 and 12
* The November 5 and 12 classes start at 9:30 pm IST. All other classes start at 8:30 pm IST.
Work with Your Parts as a Coach
Parts Work 4: The Coach is for anyone who has taken Parts Work 1, Coaching for Self Leadership, and Coaching with Spirit, which introduced the basics of working with parts to access and live from Self, that core of peace, wisdom and creativity that lives undamaged in every human being. You will benefit from Parts Work 4 whether or not you have taken Parts Work 2 or 3.
Part Work 4 is a stand-alone course to help coaches familiar with the parts-work model to hone your skills and build confidence in using this powerful process to facilitate transformation in yourself and your clients. It will focus particularly on helping you, as the coach, notice and manage your parts that most often block access to a critical mass of Self while working with a client.
Parts Work 4 offers, for the first time:
- A look at Parts Work from the coach’s side of the coach-client relationship.
- How to work with clients who are overly identified with their rational parts.
- How to work with clients who are overly identified with their emotional parts.
- The difference among three related responses: sympathy, empathy, and compassion, and why knowing that difference is important for the coach.
- How the coach can avoid using spiritual practices to bypass their own emotions.
The Advanced Parts Works Series offers three things: a map for understanding the psyche, a method for facilitating deep transformation, and a way of life for personal evolution, since you must be on your own journey of transformation as a coach if you wish to facilitate transformation in the world. This is especially true of Parts Work 4.
During Parts Work 4 you will learn how to
- Master a coaching model that honors and leverages the client’s inner wisdom
- Work with clients’ protective parts, like the inner critic, the achiever, the pleaser, and the distractor in a collaborative, non-pathologizing method
- Access and coach from a deep core of calm, clarity, and confidence
- Create a safe coaching environment for doing courageous work
- Get a contract for every coaching session
- Build an honest and trusting relationship with the client’s protective parts
- Hold the client’s vulnerable parts as sacred
- Help vulnerable parts release painful feelings and limiting beliefs
- Help protectors find new strategies for helping the client
- Apply systems thinking and complexity theory to the inner world
- Access spiritual guides and use their wisdom
- Integrate learning through deepening awareness, designing actions, and setting up accountability
The videoconferencing platform Zoom will be used for all webinars and a Google Group will provide access to handouts, audio recordings of the classes, online discussions, and asking questions of the instructor.
All participants will be paired with another participant and will be expected to practice between classes.
Guthrie Sayen, PhD, PCC, has created multiple advanced coach-training courses for Leadership that Works; he created and leads the coach training program at The Graduate Institute; and he has trained coaches for the True Purpose Institute. In his private practice, Guthrie works with wounded healers, helping them do for themselves what they are called to do for others. He also helps seekers come into the presence of the Divine, so they can live their soul's purpose. He mentors coaches at all stages of their careers, from beginners to seasoned masters.